Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Jits progression

Well, I've had a couple of lessons recently where no one else has turned up, most of the people who train at my gym are married or with kids and we're a relativly small gym. I'm cheap and don't like to pay for privates, which I think I really should, but then it's getting them to fit in with my life. Not the easiest thing to do, especially with the number of free private slots at my gym. (not many as all the guys who fight MMA seem to steal them in advance). So getting privats for a fiver is a bargain in my eyes. We've worked on the bits of my game I know are the weakest, the bottom as thats where I don't want to be.

I've also been given the concept of attacking for a reaction. When I roll I am not thinking too much about if I attack this, this will happen, and thats what I need to be. I read something the other day that said Roger Gracie was always thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead. I'd be happy at the moment to be thinking the 1 move ahead and then worry about the 2 and 3 moves after that.

This is not a new concept, it's been told to me since I started as I rememeber, but it's now I'm thinking I need to change how I think when I roll, be less instinctive and more cerebal aboout my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment